Have you ever run away from something really scary? Whether it was a spider, a house you thought was haunted, or just a really dark room or basement, it's normal to run away from things that scare us. But sometimes we find ourselves running from things that could help us grow (even if they are a little scary). In this series, we'll learn about the story of a man named Jonah, who ran away from something God asked him to do and learned an important lesson in the process. Through his story, we'll discover that you can't outrun God's love, and because God loves us so much, even when we mess up, God gives us more chances.
We are always wanting to find the best venue as close to home as possible. We feel that every student should be able to go and not let a school sport or activity be the reason to not go. This is why we always want the best venue that's an hour round trip for parents and students.
This year we are staying at the beautiful Mt. Lebanon Retreat Center just outside Cedar Hill.
Some amenities include onsite food options, a wilderness type atmosphere (perfect for retreat), tons of activities, and more!!
What does the registration fee include?
- Registration includes lodging, food, snacks, t-shirt, and activities.
When and where do I arrive on the Saturday of retreat?
- Registrations for all of our retreats begin at 8am AT MT.LEBANON. We ask that students arrive at this time to complete their registration, make final payments, collect waivers, and provide any prescription drugs needed for the day.
Will transportation be provided?
- There will not be any transportation available. If you need a ride, please give us at least 48 hour notice to try to find you a ride.
Does my child need to bring any money?
- No. All costs are included in your registration fee.
What if I need to leave early or show up late?
- We ask that you let use know before the retreat so we can plan accordingly. If you can only stay for one night or just during the day, we can accommodate a different registration price for you.
Can my teenager drive themselves to and from the retreat?
- Yes, but a parent or legal guardian must contact the youth minister in advance.
What is your response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?
- If you are experiencing symptoms and/or feeling sick, please do not attend this event.
- Students will have their temperature checked at registration (or upon arrival if coming late).
- We will encourage regular hand washing.
- Daily clean all doorknobs/handles, toilets and sinks, light switches, tables, chairs, and counter tops.
- Masks are not required for this retreat, but are STRONGLY encouraged.
What do I need to bring on retreat?
- Any meds you may need
- Closed-toed shoes
- Weather appropriate clothing
Can me/my child bring his/her cell phone?
- The short answer is yes. We just don't want students to be distracted by it.
What time do I need to pick up my child?
- Please pick your child up from Mt. Lebanon by 10pm.