Will the Creator's chosen heroes learn to live authentic lives WITHOUT their masks? Will our heroes be able to unmask? Our retreat theme is UNMASKED. In a day of pandemic where masks are a new normal having spiritual masks are nothing new. Those masks are stopping us from living authentically before an authentic God. We will learn what masks we are wearing, how to take off our masks, and how to keep them off.
We are always wanting to find the best venue as close to home as possible. We feel that every student should be able to go and not let a school sport or activity be the reason to not go. This is why we always want the best venue that's an hour round trip for parents and students.
This year we are staying at the beautiful Mt. Lebanon Retreat Center just outside Cedar Hill.
Some amenities include onsite food options, a wilderness type atmosphere (perfect for retreat), tons of activities, and more!!
Our guest speaker this year is Ethan Blackstone. Ethan has served at Westhill Church of Christ in Cleburne as the youth minister for two years. Ethan has a great love for Jesus and students. Ethan's creative teaching style, great personality, and loving spirit makes him a perfect guest speaker that will bless PR Students.
What does the registration fee include?
- Registration includes lodging, food, snacks, t-shirt, and activities such as blacklight dodgeball. NOTE: This does not cover dinner on Friday or lunch on Sunday.
When and where do I arrive on the Friday of retreat?
- Registrations for all of our retreats begin at 6pm in the Youth Area. We ask that students arrive at this time to load the trailer, complete their registration, make final payments, collect waivers, and provide any prescription drugs needed for the weekend.
- The bus will leave no later than 6:30p or earlier depending on how quickly registration goes.
Will transportation be provided?
- Yes. We will provide transportation to and from the retreat to anyone who needs it.
Does my child need to bring any money?
- Yes. We will stop in Cedar Hill for lunch on Sunday. This meal is not included in the registration cost.
What if I need to leave early or show up late?
- We ask that you let use know before the retreat so we can plan accordingly. If you can only stay for one night or just during the day, we can accommodate a different registration price for you.
Can my teenager drive themselves to and from the retreat?
- Yes, but a parent or legal guardian must contact the youth minister in advance.
What is your response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?
- If you are experiencing symptoms and/or feeling sick, please do not attend this event.
- Students will have their temperature checked at registration (or upon arrival if coming late), and each morning during the retreat.
- We will encourage regular hand washing.
- Daily clean all doorknobs/handles, toilets and sinks, light switches, tables, chairs, and counter tops.
- Masks are not required for this retreat, HOWEVER, you will need a mask to eat inside of a restaurant in Cedar Hill.
What do I need to bring on retreat?
- Bedding for a twin mattress
- Any meds you may need
- Warm clothes
- Shower shoes
- Money for lunch on Sunday
Can me/my child bring his/her cell phone?
- The short answer is yes. We just don't want students to be distracted by it.
What time will you arrive back at the church on Sunday?
- We plan to be back at the church building by 1pm on Sunday.